Who we are…
Diggers Hotline was established in 1976 to increase worker and public safety, prevent damage to underground and overhead facilities, protect the environment and to help ensure continuity of utility and communication services. Wisconsin's one-call center has helped millions of callers obtain information on the location of underground facilities and safe working distances from overhead lines.
Diggers Hotline strives to accommodate a positive work-life balance for our employees by offering a wide variety of shifts, time off requests, shift trades, schedule trades, and voluntary time off.
Our team-oriented atmosphere is fostered by a welcoming attitude and coworker support throughout the year.
We support and promote an environment that is positive and engaging by focusing on employee success through recognition and feedback. Performance-based rewards are given for attendance and quality.
Our staff is provided with the training necessary to succeed. Once employees have graduated from
the five-week training class, it is followed by ongoing coaching and mentoring to reinforce established procedures.
We offer health insurance benefits to our Seasonal employees.
Opportunities for advancement exist at Diggers Hotline. We strive to promote qualified employees from within the organization to fill roles such as Trainers & Coaches, for example. Seasonal employees also have the opportunity to be hired to fill open year-round positions.
Full-time employees have some of the best benefits around. How do you get those benefits? Start as a Seasonal Contact Center rep, show up to work every day, work hard, and have the opportunity to be offered a year-round position where you can get amazing health insurance, company paid dental, life, short term and long term disability insurance, optional vision insurance, paid sick and vacation time, paid holidays, etc.
We show appreciation of our staff by organizing and supporting numerous employee-focused activities including an onsite picnic, potlucks, cooking contests, wellness initiatives, annual onsite flu shot clinic and the big one - Customer Service Week! This week brings a week full of fun, including dress-up days, raffles, cooking contests, games, Hunger Task Force food drive... you name it!
Our staff is engaged in a dynamic work environment that is demanding of quality while being fast-paced. Our Busy Season begins in March and stretches into October, with our primary months consisting of April, May, & June. We work hard, but we have fun!
Yes, it's fastpaced and stressful at times during "busy season" but when the season ends, you have time to catch up on a must-read book, knit a scarf or two, play some cards with your neighbor, color, draw, work on puzzles, pen your own novel, etc.
Having been nominated for the Journal Sentinel’s list of “Top Workplaces”, Diggers Hotline is proud of what our employees think about working here:
- Anthony: "I like that everyone gets along. There is no drama at least not with me, Everyone is super helpful if you have any questions. They really make you feel welcomed as the new person in the group, Also I like talking to different people throughout the day, it provides a different challenge every time the phone rings, I like being kept on my toes. Plus I really like knowing that I am helping someone."
- Tourqouse: "I like the customer service aspect. I like that I can provide a service for people without bringing the issue of money into it. It may sound dorky but I am really proud of myself when I figure out a difficult ticket or help someone who feels unsure of the process. I also really enjoy the general sense of camaraderie amongst my coworkers. There really is a sense of "we're all in this together" here. And Customer Service Week is really fun!"
- Krystal: "Everyone is very kind and welcoming, right from the very beginning. The overall atmosphere is wonderful. The benefits and pay are a million times better than every place I've worked at before. I can come to anyone with questions or concerns. I have a voice here. It's not far from where I live. It's a family, not a job. I love it here."
- Tanya: "Working with this company for eight years has introduced me to many different things. Whether it be growing as an individual, meeting new people through the job itself or the callers; I enjoy Diggers Hotline repetition and also its challenges. I love the diversity working with new people every day I am here. This job also continues to keep my creative side flowing so I am still able to use a talent I'm strong in."
- Kelsey: "I have never worked in a call center before, and I truly like the atmosphere here at Diggers Hotline. My co-workers are professional, yet friendly. I have told everyone in my family, that I have never worked in a place where the management was so supportive of its staff. For example, I know that if I tell the caller something, and they ask to speak to a supervisor.....I know that the supervisor is going to say exactly what I told the caller. I have never had that kind of support in previous jobs."
- David: "One of the things I like best about working here is that I feel pride in what I do. I feel that Diggers Hotline offers a valuable service to contractors, homeowners, and the utilities. I feel as though what I do matters and that is important to me. I also
feel it necessary to mention that I feel like Diggers Hotline is a great place to work because of those I get to work with. Everyone here is great and I feel that everyone is treated with dignity and respect."
- Kassie: "I like the overall culture and environment at the call center best about working here. Specifically, the co-workers are enjoyable to be around, the leadership team is organized and communicates well to staff, everyone is patient with new employees and willing to help, the training prepares you to be completely comfortable in performing the job tasks and the encouragement/incentive systems that have been set up for a job well done are appreciated. Overall, it is a pleasant place to come to each day."
- Todd: "My favorite part of this job is definitely the positive work environment. Each and every employee has a helpful attitude which creates a solid team environment from the very beginning. The attendance and QA systems encourage an employee to do their absolute best in order to earn rewards and/or recognition. But it is easy to see that the positive work environment is the strong foundation which has determined the recent level of success we've enjoyed here."
- Andy: "One of the things that I like most about working at Diggers Hotline is that every call is a chance to learn something new. You can either learn a new location in the state that you never heard of or you can learn a new type of work that requires calling us. Every phone call we answer is a chance to learn something."
- Stephanie: "What I enjoy most about working at Diggers Hotline is the opportunity to assist our callers, I truly enjoy helping people. Second and just as important, I like coming to work because of the people I work with, from management to my peers, they all make it such a pleasant place to work. I feel I receive all the support that I could ever ask for and the positive, as well as constructive feed back, is wonderful!"
- Will: "Diggers Hotline is an amazing family!"
- Taylor: "I like the people I get to work with and how helpful everyone is! If I ever have a question about something I feel comfortable asking anybody and I know they will help me. I also like working at a company that values their employees and tries their best to work with each employee's specific needs."
- Chris: "My favorite aspect is the people. Everybody (supervisors, co-workers, and managers alike) treats me like a real human being. I know that sounds weird, but given my history of previous employment, I've never been treated to such a high degree. Giving praise and rewarding outstanding behavior is just as important as quality work here. This is why I enjoy it here so much. "
- Kyle: "The thing that I like most about working at Diggers Hotline is the group of coworkers I interact with every day. The people who work here are amazing. The management staff and supervisors do truly seem to care about all of us. The work environment here is very pleasant and peaceful. The work is stressful but the people I work with are amazing."
- Jennifer: "I like the feeling that I am making a difference in helping to promote safety."
- Michele: "I enjoy every aspect of working here. The atmosphere is wonderful, all who work here are very friendly and always available to be of assistance if/when needed. The recognition for a job well done is something I have never experienced in any other place I have worked, be it a call center or retail store. It is a joy to work here."