The information that is required to file a locate request can be broken down into three categories: contact information, dig site location and dig site information. Below is a summary of the required information.
All of this information needs to be provided whether you are calling Diggers Hotline or filing online.
- Your Name, Phone & Email
- Address, Street, City, State Zip Code
- Field Contact & Phone Number
- The city, township, or village your work will take place
- The address of your dig site
- The side of the street your dig site is on and the nearest intersecting road
- Start date
- Work Type
- Explosives, Equipment & Premarking
- Marking Instructions
There are many people involved in making sure utilities are marked at your dig site to help keep the project safe. The process begins with you, the person with a shovel, or a post-hole digger or a trencher or a backhoe or anything else that disturbs the soil. You contact Diggers Hotline to provide us with i...More
June is Trench Safety Month and OSHA encourages Wisconsin excavators to take trench safety seriously and has partnered w... (Read More)04.07.2021 - Diggers Hotline and No Shock Bock Safe Digging Month Event
Celebrate Safe Digging Month by learning about Diggers Hotline and by trying No Shock Bock Diggers Hotline, Wisconsin&rs... (Read More)