The information that is required to file a locate request can be broken down into three categories: contact information, dig site location and dig site information. Below is a summary of the required information.
All of this information needs to be provided whether you are calling Diggers Hotline or filing online.
- Your Name, Phone & Email
- Address, Street, City, State Zip Code
- Field Contact & Phone Number
- The city, township, or village your work will take place
- The address of your dig site
- The side of the street your dig site is on and the nearest intersecting road
- Start date
- Work Type
- Explosives, Equipment & Premarking
- Marking Instructions
A new era in damage prevention has come to Wisconsin. As part of the 2018 PSC Reform Bill, passed by the Wisconsin Legislature and signed into law by Governor Scott Walker, an enforcement program for stakeholders in damage prevention has begun. Beginning July 9, 2018, Diggers Hotline will begin receiving ...More
In order to provide a new and better option for Wisconsin excavators when filing a locate request, Diggers Hotline has m... (Read More)05.25.2018 - 5 Things New Homeowners Should Know About Buried Utilities
Starting outdoor projects is exciting for many new homeowners. You want to improve your curb appeal by digging out... (Read More)