The information that is required to file a locate request can be broken down into three categories: contact information, dig site location and dig site information. Below is a summary of the required information.
All of this information needs to be provided whether you are calling Diggers Hotline or filing online.
- Your Name, Phone & Email
- Address, Street, City, State Zip Code
- Field Contact & Phone Number
- The city, township, or village your work will take place
- The address of your dig site
- The side of the street your dig site is on and the nearest intersecting road
- Start date
- Work Type
- Explosives, Equipment & Premarking
- Marking Instructions
There are many people involved in making sure utilities are marked at your dig site to help keep the project safe. The process begins with you, the person with a shovel, or a post-hole digger or a trencher or a backhoe or anything else that disturbs the soil. You contact Diggers Hotline to provide us with i...More
On the evening of January 9, 2019, Diggers Hotline will cutover to a new software package named GeoCall. Be... (Read More)07.09.2018 - Enforcement Program Begins
A new era in damage prevention has come to Wisconsin. As part of the 2018 PSC Reform Bill, passed by the Wisconsi... (Read More)