The information that is required to file a locate request can be broken down into three categories: contact information, dig site location and dig site information. Below is a summary of the required information.
All of this information needs to be provided whether you are calling Diggers Hotline or filing online.
- Your Name, Phone & Email
- Address, Street, City, State Zip Code
- Field Contact & Phone Number
- The city, township, or village your work will take place
- The address of your dig site
- The side of the street your dig site is on and the nearest intersecting road
- Start date
- Work Type
- Explosives, Equipment & Premarking
- Marking Instructions
June is Trench Safety Month and OSHA encourages Wisconsin excavators to take trench safety seriously and has partnered with NUCA for Trench Safety Stand Down Week, which is June 14-18. A Safety Stand Down presents the opportunity for employers to talk directly to employees and others about safety. These Stand Do...More
Celebrate Safe Digging Month by learning about Diggers Hotline and by trying No Shock Bock Diggers Hotline, Wisconsin&rs... (Read More)03.30.2021 - Governor Proclaims April as Safe Digging Month
GOVERNOR EVERS PROCLAIMS APRIL AS SAFE DIGGING MONTH IN WISCONSIN Making a free call to 811 before digging for ho... (Read More)