The information that is required to file a locate request can be broken down into three categories: contact information, dig site location and dig site information. Below is a summary of the required information.
All of this information needs to be provided whether you are calling Diggers Hotline or filing online.
- Your Name, Phone & Email
- Address, Street, City, State Zip Code
- Field Contact & Phone Number
- The city, township, or village your work will take place
- The address of your dig site
- The side of the street your dig site is on and the nearest intersecting road
- Start date
- Work Type
- Explosives, Equipment & Premarking
- Marking Instructions
Diggers Hotline is rolling out a new voluntary positive response program that is designed to help excavators receive more information from utility locators. Read here for more information. April 23, 2020 We will be presenting content that would have seen at the 2020 Safety Meeting via WebEx on Thursday, Apr...More
Diggers Hotline is implementing a Positive Response program. Positive Response refers to utility locators providin... (Read More)03.27.2020 - 2020 Excavator Safety Meeting Presentation
Unfortunately, not every one was able to attend one of the Diggers Hotline Excavator Safety Meetings this year. F... (Read More)